Covid-19: emergency contact and basic protective measures
The emergency hotline of the French Consulate in Washington, D.C., is open at +1 / (202) 213-4369.
Facing the crisis of the coronavirus COVID-19, the services of the State and the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, your embassy in particular, are fully mobilized.
To prevent the virus from spreading, it is impertaive to follow the recomendations of local autorities.
Stay informed about the situation in the United States by consulting the "Dernière minute" section of the "Conseils aux voyageurs" (in French).
For general information or to find out about the situation in France: www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus (in French).
In addition, here are some precautionary and basic protective measures:
• Wash your hand with water frequently or use hand sanitizer (alcohol-based).
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily (with clorox wipes for example)
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
• Throw used tissues in the trash.
• Avoid close contact with other people, maintain a social distance, limit displacement
• Do not handshake, kiss or hug
• In case of symptoms, call the local health authorities